1. Assisted in environmental issues while searching for county park land to provide public recreation.
2. Comprehensive study to improve county-managed Chatuge Woods Campground environmental safety, health concerns, and potential violations of TVA Lease.
3. TCHA Board toured water treatment plant and supported expansion to reduce nutrients for algae.
4. Long term planning for water, sewer and land use. Participated with County and City for Comprehensive Planning update. Participated in Georgia Dept of Community Affairs training and education in Growth and Water Quality seminars that included the federal EPA.
5. Contributed several thousand to the Towns County Food Pantry.
6. fifteen TCHA members and volunteers worked a week at the Towns County Beach and Playground Renovation Project assisting and installing $60,000 of playground equipment, with a savings of $13,000 to the county.
7. Contributed $500 to Towns County Sheriff’s Dept. toward new Glock automatic pistols to standardize Deputies’ weapons and replace non-working weapons.
8. Donated $500 to the high school band to perform at the Liberty Bowl football game in Memphis and $500 for sports equipment.
9. Conducted several non-partisan forums for local political candidates.
10. Participated in planning and support of local ordinances on enforcement of Georgia Mountain Protection Act; building guidelines; buffer zone requirements; building inspections and lake setback.
11. Active engagement of members about pollution of Lake Chatuge at Road Runner Pump station; additional watr hydrants and water line problems at Admirals Point; 3% tax cap proposal; 3-acre rule planning, and more.
12. TCHA/Hiawassee Garden Club joint tree pruning beautification project on the square.
13. Membership meetings included many briefings by officials: Hiwassee River Watershed Coalition, Young Harris College, TVA, Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Commissioner Kendall, TC Fire Chief Floyd, and the Firewise program.